long response of Zotero

I use Zotero for footnoes in my PhD thesis. It worked well at first. But suddenly (can't tell after what) at around 95 page of the thesis and 290 footnote the delay of Zotero response started to take long (more then a minute). After I click "insert a footnote" usually it takes 1-2 seconds for a window with a list of footnotes to appear. Now it takes longer and longer to appear - way longer then a minute.

If I create a new (short) file - the speed is fine. I tried to break the numerical order of footnotes (so that the oo3 starts counting from each chapter) - no difference.

Could anybody suggest what happened and how the error can be solved please?

I use .odt file in open office3 (same delay in OO 2.4) in Ubuntu 8.04.
  • This doesn't solve your problem, but as a general advice I'd be careful in writing your entire dissertation as a single Word or Ooo file. Why not separate into chapters and paste together at the end?
  • edited November 10, 2008
    This is a limitation of the OpenOffice plug-in. It's fixed (along with many other bugs) in the 2.0 plug-in, which will be released with Zotero 1.5.
  • I am at the end of writing - that is why I put all chapter together now.

it seem that I fixed the problem. One footnote got corrupted for unknown reasons to me. After I I fixed the footnote, the delay was gone.
  • edited November 11, 2008
    @ab636: How did you found out which footnote was corrupted? [Same problem here, also PhD in final state.]
  • manually, I just went through footnotes and saw the corrupt one.
  • How did you realise that it was corrupt ?