"Saving Item..." dialog does not disappear

Occasionally, when I click on the Add-Item icon in Firefox's location bar, the "Saving Item..." dialog box that pops up does not subsequently disappear from the screen.

For example, if I see a book on Amazon.com that I'd like to grab, I click on the location bar icon to add it to my Zotero DB. The dialog pops up saying "Saving Item...\n [book-name]". Normally the dialog stays open for a few seconds, then disappears. But occasionally it doesn't disappear. Not only does it not disappear when I close the Zotero frame, but it remains on my screen even after I quit Firefox. I have had to log out of and back into my Linux session to get the dialog off the screen.

I'm using Ubuntu Dapper Drake, with Swiftfox 2.0.
  • This is quite likely fixed in the upcoming Beta 3, but if this happens again, please turn on javascript.options.showInConsole under about:config (explained in the Advanced Instructions section of the Reporting Bugs page) and let us know the error you see in the Error Console.
  • Just a quick follow-up:
    I upgraded from Ubuntu 6.06 to 6.10, and this included the Firefox 2.0.0.1 browser (instead of Swiftfox, as I was formerly using). Since this upgrade, I have not experienced this problem at all.
  • vav
    edited March 20, 2007
    This is a related bug so I thought I'd post it here:

If I download a RIS format citation, Zotero auto-saves it... great.
    But usually this download happens in a pop-up firefox window. As soon as Zotero starts saving, I tend to close the pop up window. If I do this before the "Saving Item..." dialog disappears, then the pop up window closes but the 'saving item' dialog remains open. Closing firefox doesnt help either. And the item does get saved.

A firefox process remains active, killing the process erases the window.