allow to STAR or color an item & allow RSS/Atom import

I am not sure if the two ideas were discussed earlier. My suggestion are the following.

1) allow some sort of starring an item so that you can return back to it at a later time. Kind of a bookmark, especially when one's collection expands and cannot remember what last item was being worked on.

2) allow direct RSS/Atom feed to Zotero by automatically detecting that content is a RSS/Atom feed just like Firefox does today
  • 1) allow some sort of starring an item so that you can return back to it at a later time. Kind of a bookmark, especially when one's collection expands and cannot remember what last item was being worked on.
    This has been mentioned before. You can use a tag for this purpose.
  • Hello,

i too would amplify the suggestion of being able to color the entries in list view. Like Mac OS X offers this functionality for any files, it would be nice to add a color to an entry. Like this i would be able to better keep an overview of my collection, even if it's not as sophisticated as using tags...

greetings
    mmoole
  • i too would amplify the suggestion of being able to color the entries in list view. Like Mac OS X offers this functionality for any files, it would be nice to add a color to an entry. Like this i would be able to better keep an overview of my collection, even if it's not as sophisticated as using tags...
    I'm having a hard time understanding the logic of this request. Collections achieve the exact same thing conceptually; don't they?
  • I think mmoole's request is very reasonable: some papers may naturally belong to the same collection, but I would like to use different color to indicate their importance (or whether read or not, etc.). It is arguable that this can be done by creating sub-collections, but dragging items is just inefficient.

It is not rare to see these kinds of coloring. One more example, in Thunderbird, you can tag a email message to "Todo" or "Important", and they will have different color so you can grab all the information by a single glance.

So I think it will be great if we can color the entries in list view. Thank you for the consideration.