Continuous file sync error

Report ID 1664419734. Sync error does not resolve with restarting Firefox or restarting computer. Posting as per error instructions. Ongoing for at least 1 week.
  • There are no Zotero errors in there. 1) Can you restart Firefox, reproduce, and submit an error report again? 2) What's the actual message you're seeing in the dialog, before you click Report Errors?
  • After restart the error dialogue reads as before:

My Library

A file sync error occurred. Please try syncing again.

If you receive this message repeatedly, restart Firefox and/or your computer and try again. If you continue to receive the message, submit an error report and post the Report ID to a new thread in the Zotero Forums.

New Report ID: 530457313
  • Running a Mac without security software or proxies from what I can determine (starting to move beyond my tech facility). Ran a Debug ID: D59915217.
  • What happens if you load https://zoterofilestorage.s3.amazonaws.com/ in the browser? You should see a page that says "This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it." at the top and some code below with "Access Denied" in it.

If that works, and you click the padlock icon to the left of the address bar, does it say "Verified by: VeriSign, Inc."?
  • I'm afraid I don't have an answer for you, then. Zotero's attempts to upload to Amazon S3 are repeatedly failing for you, which would be caused by either software on your system or something on your network interfering. There's nothing that Zotero itself can do here, so you'll need to figure out what's interfering. (As a start, try disabling any other Firefox extensions you're running.)
  • You can also try using Zotero Standalone, which will share your existing data directory by default, to see if it works from there. That would at least help you determine whether the issue is limited to Firefox.
  • Opened extensions and discovered that both "Zotero 4.0.22" and "Zotero Word for Mac Integration 3.5.7" are enabled. Could this be causing a conflict? And/or which should I keep?
  • No, that's just Zotero's Word integration plugin — that's supposed to be there.
  • Found the culprit in another Firefox extension. All resolved. Thanks for your very timely help Dan. Really appreciated.
  • If you don't mind sharing, what was the other extension?
  • That would do it. Thanks.
  • edited November 12, 2014
    I believe I've fixed the issue with Hola in the latest Zotero beta version. If you're still using Hola, you can install that over your current version and try adding and syncing a file.

The fix will be included in Zotero 4.0.24, which we'll put out soon.
  • Tested on Mac OSX 10.7.5, Firefox 33.1, with
    Zotero Version 4.0.23.1-beta.r6+7ac1ba5

Re-activated Hola, added a paper with attachment, synced.

Sync completed without error.

I'll leave Hola activated for a while, and report if there are any issues.
  • Ubuntu 14.04 Firefox 33.0
    Zotero Version 4.0.23.1-beta.r6+7ac1ba5

"Re-activated Hola, added a paper with attachment, synced.

Sync completed without error.

I'll leave Hola activated for a while, and report if there are any issues."

This worked for me too. Thanks Dan and others for fixing.
  • This fix is included in Zotero 4.0.24 for Firefox, available now. If you're running the beta version, you can install 4.0.24 from the downloads page over it to get back on the official releases.
This discussion has been closed.