Adding items in Emerald database

Hello, thanks for the great product!!

But two things here;
1) PDF file is not automatically following although I have the access to it.
2) Editor(s) name is sometimes following the article information

I add the file and delete the editor(s) name manually but it would be great it can be fixed. Anyway Zotero is fantastic!!!
  • we need sample URLs, please, so we can take a look. If there are no stable URLs, a search path would help (I'm assuming here we'll have access, otherwise this will be a bit more complicated to fix).
  • This can be one of the example.

http://www.emeraldinsight.com/doi/full/10.1108/17506201111119572

If you don't have the access, I can provide another link.

Many thanks for your fast reply!!
  • 1) PDF file is not automatically following although I have the access to it.
    If you open the PDF in your browser, what's the URL? Also, right-click the link to the PDF that you follow and select Copy Link Address (or equivalent) and paste that link here as well.
    2) Editor(s) name is sometimes following the article information
    Is that an example of this issue?
  • Actually, nvm, about (1). I think I see the issue. The website uses a rather generic Atypon publishing platform translator, so we'll need to be careful about how we approach this (the PDFs are published under /pdfplus/ rather than the more common /pdf/ path, which is why we fail to download them). This will probably take a few days to fix.
  • also looks like no URL bar icon on the abstract page:
    http://www.emeraldinsight.com/doi/abstract/10.1108/17506201111119572
  • Thank Aurimas!

Yes, the link is the example of (2) as well. If I click the Zotero icon, Save to Zotero (DOI), in my google chrome (end of my address line), all the editors name is stored in the article information.
  • If I click the Zotero icon, Save to Zotero (DOI), in my google chrome (end of my address line)
    That's odd. I don't see a DOI on that page. Can you copy paste the DOI here from the imported article (with messed up editors)?
  • Though it may be picking up DOIs from the bibliography in the article. Do you get "Save to Zotero (Atypon journals)" from this page: http://www.emeraldinsight.com/doi/abs/10.1108/17506201111119572 ?
  • Thanks aurimas!

I normally just click the icon in the end of my google chrome address bar, just beside the bookmark star sign (BTW when I just put my mouse cursor on this icon, it says "Save to Zotero (DOI)). This article link, for example, editors information comes into the article information in Zotero. I used to delete those wrong author information manually.
  • Are you using Chrome with Standalone open? Can you update translators via Preferences -> General -> Update Now (in Standalone), restart Chrome and try that page again (you should see Atypon instead of DOI)? If you still see DOI, can you submit a Debug log from Chrome for refreshing that page? https://www.zotero.org/support/debug_output
  • Hello aurimas! Now it seems updated and I see the "(Atypon Journals)" but problem (1) and (2) are still same. No pdf file and editors name in the author's section of Zotero.
  • Right, so (1) I haven't fixed yet, but I will today. (btw, make sure you have automatic translator updates enabled under Preferences -> General in Zotero Standalone)

(2) I can't reproduce as originally reported (i.e. editors in titles?), but now you're saying they're in the "author's sections" and I see that the editors are imported as authors. Unfortunately, that is how they are exported from Emerald (if you click on the Download Citation link) in all of the formats that Zotero can import (RIS, BibTeX, EndNote).

I've emailed Emerald Insight support regarding this issue. You're welcome to email them as well.
  • OK, PDFs should be fixed now. Update translator via Preferences -> General -> Update Now, restart Chrome and try again.
  • aurimas! Just amazing!!!! Now all pdf from Emerald database can be automatically downloaded! You are the hero!!! Thank you so much!!!!