Labelling Multiple Files

At work, We have a huge physical database which I am currently importing into Zotero. There are many physical maps with each contain 30/50 Academic articles.
To be as accurate as possible, Each article gets a number and each map as well. All the articles are assigned to their respective map (location in archive: Map nr ...) . I now do this for each article individually.

Is it possible to label multiple files at once, so that I can take all the articles that belong to one map and assign them all the correct map at once? This would save a lot of time.

Thank you beforehand!
  • You mean add "Loc. in Archive" (for example) to multiple items at once? No, that's not currently possible, though certainly planned.
  • Yes, labelling multipe items in one go. Is there any idea when such a feature is available?

What would be a good idea to quickly label a great amount of entrees?
  • You can use different collections or tags for the "labels". Moreover, I would suggest for your use case to look at the related items possibilities. If you add the maps as well to Zotero, then you can add related items for a map to all the corresponding articles.
  • Yep, I would suggest using either tags or related items.

To tag multiple items, select them in the middle pane and then simply drag and drop them on the appropriate tag in the selector (bottom of left-hand pane). If the tag does not yet exist, you should first click on one of the items you wish to tag, choose "tags" in the right-hand pane and enter it there. It will then appear in the selector at the left.

Connecting several items as related at the same time is possible using the zutilo plugin: https://github.com/willsALMANJ/Zutilo#item-menu-functions After installing the plugin, you simply select all items you wish to be related to each other, right-click and choose "relate". That way you could indeed have entries for the map and all the articles and see all of those listed in the "Related" tab in the right-hand pane.