Office

I recently updated my Z but it has new features now that are pretty much useless to me (notes) but existing issues were not fixed. On top of it all, now my plug-in for Office 2004 is incompatible. It is somewhat presumptuous of Z-Folks to assume that everyone is currently working with Office 08 and abandoning the ones with the 04 version. In order to continue my writing, I have to purchase Office 08 or switch to Endnote where I came from in the first place. I know that a 04 plug-in is in the works but it is hard to put things on hold awaiting its release.
Anyone know a way to work around this? Can I undo the latest upgrade of Z?

Thanks.
  • It is somewhat presumptuous of Z-Folks to assume that everyone is currently working with Office 08 and abandoning the ones with the 04 version.
    It's somewhat presumptuous of you to assume that this is the case. Avoid the commentary, please, and stick to useful facts that people can use to help you.
  • The sync preview release is not for general daily use. See the red text at the top of the sync page. Further down that page you will see that "Mac Word 2004 is not currently supported by Zotero 1.5, though a compatible version is planned."

If you have backed up your collection you can move back to the most current version of the full release, Zotero 1.0.7, which works just fine on Mac Word 2004 through version 1.0.3 of the Word plugin.
  • Tjowens, as for back-up I have attempted the sync function but it failed after a few successful runs (any suggestions?). As for any other back-up, I have none. I will probably go out and get the Office 08 today as the website doesn't say when the planned compatible version with '04 will be released.

bdarcus, thank you for your commentary as I sadly hurt your feelings. I wrongfully put my frustration to 'paper'.
  • bdarcus, thank you for your commentary as I sadly hurt your feelings. I wrongfully put my frustration to 'paper'.
    Not my feelings (am not with the Zotero team); I just want to keep the discussions civil and productive. In any case, thanks for the note.
  • You can export the existing references to any export format, then downgrade you Zotero, then reimport it back to Zotero. You'll lose the attachments though.