Books downloaded from a library or bookseller

CMS 14.166 states the following about books downloaded from a library or bookseller:

The majority of electronically published books offered for download from a library or bookseller will have a printed counterpart. Because of the potential for differences, however, authors must indicate that they have consulted a format other than print. This indication should be the last part of a full citation that follows the recommendations for citing printed books as detailed throughout this section. See also 14.4–13.

Austen, Jane. Pride and Prejudice. New York: Penguin Classics, 2007. Kindle edition.
Austen, Jane. Pride and Prejudice. New York: Penguin Classics, 2008. PDF e-book.
Austen, Jane. Pride and Prejudice. New York: Penguin Classics, 2008. Microsoft Reader e-book.
Austen, Jane. Pride and Prejudice. New York: Penguin Classics, 2008. Palm e-book.

Does anyone know whether this is possible to achieve in Zotero, and if so, how this can be achieved?
  • no, can't currently be done.
  • Ok, thanks for a quick and clear answer.
  • edited August 18, 2014
    Hi Haraldaa.

You can achieve it by using URL field. Put 'Kindle edition' in the URL field, and you will get bibliography structure as below:

Austen, Jane. Pride and Prejudice. New York: Penguin Classics, 2007. Kindle edition.
  • Thanks for the suggestion, but it will work only with some styles. It does indeed work with CMS, but I am a bit reluctant to use a field for another purpose than for what it was designed. If I knew that I would only use CMS then perhaps...
  • You can put it in the 'extra' field and edit the CSL style to include a note at the end of the bibliography.