Zotero Storage price brackets

I have found Zotero storage very easy and generally reliable. However I am now near to my 1 GB limit on a personal 1 GB account. As far as I can see, should I want to increase my storage my only option is to go up to 5 GB, which would mean paying three times more.

So two questions, is it possible just to pay per GB, then pay say $40 for 2 GB, or do I have to pay the full $60 for 5 GB despite being unlikely to exceed 3 GB (the point at which it would become 'economical' at a $20 / GB rate) for a few years yet!
If it is not possible, are there plans to have a more flexible pricing scheme to bridge this 'gap' between the 1 GB and 5 GB tariff?

If there is not then I would seriously consider storing my files elsewhere, although could maintain the database syncing.

Any thoughts and comments welcome!
  • Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I've been trying to resolve this for a while. I am very near my 1 GB limit now, so am starting to investigate cheaper WebDAV alternatives - which I don't want to do. I am happy to pay a premium for Zotero's easy service, but not multiples of the cost of alternatives.
  • Related thread:

http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/13345/storage-plans-10gb-25gb-is-too-big-a-step/

The price seems pretty reasonable, and I'm not so sure about adding a bunch more steps.
  • Thanks. Doesn't look like this will be changed any time soon then.

I think some more steps, or a continuum would make sense. It does seem odd to me that if I pass 1 GB I suddenly have to pay three times more for maybe using a few 100 MB more server space.
  • edited August 19, 2014
    I'd also like to see an intermediate step between 2GB and 6GB. I'd be inclined to buy a 3GB or 4GB plan but regrettably am motivated not to buy a 6GB plan. What is the harm in having graded steps allowing people to pay for what they use but not so much more. Also, what is reasonable for one person may unfortunately be prohibitive for another. I currently pay for 2GB and use a hair over that (probably well under 2 GB if I get rid of dupes etc).