Feature Request: better web-readability for notes

I would like to access notes from our zotero-group on mobile devices. As there seems to be no reliable app for this, I've tried accessing notes via webbrowser app's (android standard browser, firefox for android, dolphin browser --> www.zotero.org).

That worked out quite well, except that it's really difficult to read the notes. They don't scale to the screen, using only a small portion of the available width.

I think it would be very cool for the mobile website of zotero, if notes would automatically cover the whole width of the screen.

p.s. when I checked back on the website today with my desktop-pc, I got served the mobile-version of the website (I don't mind!). Here also, the notes don't scale to the width of the screen...

IMHO it would be a huge improvement to make notes more readable on all devices by scaling their width on the web-frontend of zotero.
  • hmmmm, not much resonance there. So, are there better ways of reading notes on mobile devices than using the website? How are you reading your notes underway?
  • I'm not certain, but I think this may be an issue with the browser you're using. I'm on iPhone Safari and Chrome. Notes scale across 80% of the screen (all the way but the sidebar; certainly readable). Is that the behavior you see? If not, perhaps try Chrome for Android to see if the issue is a conflict with the other Android browsers.
  • Thanks for your comment. Chrome I can't install, I'm sitting on an old android 2.3.6 here... :(

With firefox I just noticed that actually the problem is not sooo much the with. It's more the height here. My actual note appears in a small whit container within a large grey container. Maybe it depends on the vertical/horizontal position of the mobile-device.

The grey container contains Meta-Info such as Creator, Title, and Tags. Tags covers >50% of the screenheight, even though my note is not tagged at all.

The white container with the note-content is squished between the Meta-Info Title and Tag. The white container covers about 20% of the screen-height and 80% of the screen width. To read the note I have to scroll within the white container (the height covers only about 6 lines of text in a very small font).

So overall, I'm finding the readability of a note very poor. Download-time on my old android 2.3.6 takes forever, even with WLAN activated.

I think for mobile-versions of the website, Zotero could deliver the HTML-content of the note only (only the stuff in the white container).That would minimize database/internet-traffic and maximize readability?