Will we see 1.5 in October?

Just wondering - I've seen references to a version 1.0.8 on Trac, but the recent Zotero blog post on styles also mentioned that "These new styles require Zotero 1.5, which is currently available as a Preview and will be available for general release in October."

Like many of us, I'm eagerly awaiting 1.5. Is a release of 1.5 this month still the plan? Or will there be an 1.0.8 version in between?
  • I'm also curious when 1.5 might be stable enough for those of us who are interested in trying it, but otherwise too busy to bother with managing multiple profiles. Are we there yet?
  • I am curious, too. will we see 1.5 soon. I hope so.
  • "Me too" -- especially re bdarcus's comment. I would happily upgrade to a reasonably stable beta ...
  • I'm using the latest sync preview for real work, daily, and on a database of about 2000 top-level items. I have a backup of my 1.0 zotero dir, and I do a weekly RDF export of newly-added items to enable going back to that should I have a problem. I do throw in any older items I edit into a collection for export also. A bit ad hoc, but good enough for my purposes.

There were a few issues when I was on the trunk for a few weeks, but they were always fixed, and there was no data loss involved (I think the backups would have had me covered anyway).

If I was a zotero dev, I wouldn't promise a "preview" to be stable; but as a user I'm finding it trouble-free so far (and, new features aside, significantly faster to use than 1.0 was).
  • My worry is not the database, but citations in documents. I'm not sure what happens to them if I upgrade to a beta version.
  • Sorry, can't help there (bibtex user).
  • I noticed two updates in the past 2 days. Any word on what this is? And also, where do you see what was included in the update?
  • Preview releases don't have release notes.

See:
    https://www.zotero.org/trac/timeline

for specific changes made in the SVN version, which eventually get pushed as new releases