OpenOffice 3.0beta

OpenOffice 3.0beta has recently come out and it doesn't seem to be compatible with the 1.03b plugin (it simply crashed OO when I tried to install the extension). I realise that it's only beta software and the full version won't be out for four or five months I guess, so this is more curiosity than anything else. Its been mentioned that the plugin code is being rewritten, will the new version be 3.0 compatible and what plans are there for exploiting the new ODF format?

Regards, Jon.
  • edited May 8, 2008
    The "new ODF format" is ODF 1.2, which includes RDF support. Sun is working now on including an API in OOo to work with RDF data (and fields), and citations are an obvious use case for this, allowing the data to be embedded in the file package.

I had a hand in designing the new RDF support, and am happy to help with design issues if there's interest in this.
  • Any more input on this? OpenOffice 3 beta has a lot of great improvements and I would like to start using it. I haven't tried installing zotero in OO3 myself, but I won't as I long as keep reading that it isn't working for everyone.
  • Hi,

OO3 is coming soon, so I wonder what the status is?

Thanks for Zotero, a great tool.
  • The new plugin is coming out "soon" according to the developers. As it needs Zotero 1.5, I'm guessing that needs to be stable before the plugin is released. I'm pretty sure its planned to be compatible with the new openoffice - but official confirmation would be great.
  • I'm pretty sure its planned to be compatible with the new openoffice - but official confirmation would be great.
    It will be (though, for Mac users, Python appears to be broken in OOo 3, and the fix is inexplicably targeted for 3.0.1).
  • Unfortunately, it's now targeted for 3.1. Please go register, then vote for this bug if you want Zotero working in OOO for Mac.