Report ID: 613620013 - Syncing Issues

When I attempt to sync my large group library I get an error report associated with recurring conflict resolutions.

The error listed in the error consul reads as following:

1404750278610 addons.update-checker WARN Update manifest for zoteroOpenOfficeIntegration@zotero.org did not contain an updates property

1404750278649 addons.update-checker WARN Update manifest for zoteroWinWordIntegration@zotero.org did not contain an updates property

[JavaScript Error: "self.id is not a function" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/bindings/tagsbox.xml" line: 214}]
[JavaScript Error: "self.id is not a function" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/bindings/tagsbox.xml" line: 214}]
[JavaScript Error: "t.doc is null" {file: "resource://zotero/tinymce/tiny_mce.js" line: 6271}]
[JavaScript Error: "t.doc is null" {file: "resource://zotero/tinymce/tiny_mce.js" line: 6271}]

version => 4.0.21.2, platform => Win32, oscpu => Windows NT 5.1, locale => en-US, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 4.0.21.2, extensions => Zotero LibreOffice Integration (3.5.9.SA.4.0.21.2, extension), Zotero Word for Windows Integration (3.1.16.SA.4.0.21.2, extension), Google Update (1.3.24.15, plugin), Shockwave Flash (13.0.0.214, plugin), Silverlight Plug-In (5.1.30214.0, plugin), Shockwave for Director (12.0.2.122, plugin), Adobe Acrobat (9.5.2.295, plugin), Java(TM) Platform SE 6 U31 (6.0.310.5, plugin), Java Deployment Toolkit 6.0.310.5 (6.0.310.5, plugin), RealJukebox NS Plugin (12.0.1.666, plugin), RealNetworks(tm) Chrome Background Extension Plug-In (32-bit) (12.0.1.666, plugin), RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In (32-bit) (12.0.1.666, plugin), RealPlayer(tm) G2 LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In (32-bit) (12.0.1.666, plugin), RealPlayer Version Plugin (12.0.1.666, plugin), VLC Multimedia Plug-in (1.1.4.0, plugin), NPCIG.dll (1.0.0.5, plugin), Windows Presentation Foundation (3.5.30729.1, plugin), Microsoft® DRM (9.0.0.4503, plugin), Windows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic Link Library (3.0.2.629, plugin), Microsoft® DRM (9.0.0.4503, plugin)
  • What's the actual message you're seeing in the alert when you click on the sync error icon (not the subsequent error report, for which just the Report ID is actually sufficient)?

Beyond that, check your database integrity in the Advanced -> Files and Folders pane of the Zotero preferences. If it passes without errors, provide a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for a sync attempt that produces a sync error. Make sure you've temporarily disabled auto-sync while you're debugging this.
  • Two error messages Pop-up.
    1) One or more locally deleted Zotero collections have been modified remotely since the last sync. The most recent versions have been kept.
    View the Error Console for the full list of such changes.

2) One or more Zotero tags have been added to and/or removed from items on multiple computers since the last sync. The different sets of tags have been combined.
    View the Error Console for the full list of such changes.

I am in the process of following the debugging procedure.
  • No, those messages aren't relevant, for the same reason as with the conflict resolutions in your other thread. The issue is the error you get after the sync ends, which is indicated by a red error icon to the left of the sync icon. When you click the error icon, what's the message?
  • It says: "Invalid Session ID"
  • The associated report ID is 311312345, if this is relevant
  • Also, I followed the instructions for Debugging procedure which resulted in the Debug ID D719156606. Do I need to post this in another location in the forums?
  • It says: "Invalid Session ID"
    That means you're waiting too long to finish the sync (e.g., by leaving it on the conflict resolution window for a long time).
  • Ok I will try it again
  • The error reads: "Invalid response from server.Please try again in a few minutes."
  • Did you try again?
  • edited July 8, 2014
    What's the state of this Zotero database? Your account appears to be making repeated successful full downloads of all of your libraries, probably followed — based on the conflicts — by large upload attempts of local changes that are timing out. Are there actually local changes you need, or do your libraries on zotero.org have all the data you need? If so, you could use the Restore from Zotero Server option in the Sync ->Reset pane of the Zotero preferences. (Do not use Restore to Zotero Server.)

Alternatively, if this is a laptop, can you try from a different network?
  • The libraries on zotero.org do not have everything we need. The online library does not reflect the changes made to My Library or to the CGSHR Group Library in the standalone program.

I have tried syncing from several different networks and keep encountering the same problems.
  • edited July 9, 2014
    keep encountering the same problems
    Meaning you're seeing the "Invalid response from server." message when trying from different networks? That's the only real error you've received so far.
  • You are right, I was not paying close enough attention to which errors I was receiving, just that they were there.

I found a strong internet server and after the sync finished, this error came up:

"A file sync error occurred. Please try syncing again.

If you receive this message repeatedly, restart Zotero and/or your computer and try again. If you continue to receive the message, submit an error report and post the Report ID to a new thread in the Zotero Forums."
  • And the report ID with this error message is 1076997753
  • OK, so that means you're data has synced completely, so you shouldn't be getting any more conflicts. But you're now getting file sync errors:
    File '[...]' not found after processing download
    This is generally due to security software on your system interfering with Zotero. If you're running any security software, try temporarily disabling it before syncing to see if that helps. If that doesn't help, we can look into this further.
  • I disabled the security firewall on my computer and it appears that the sync has been successful. Thank you so much for your help!