Your eyeglasses may need cleaning for correct searching

Dear Zotero,

I think you unfortunately missed something while you were searching. I first asked you to search for "placebo" from the search field (in standalone). And then I asked you to search for "placebo" in the title from the advanced search.

There were some entries with "placebo" in the title you did not find then. How can that be? If the title is "The Strange Powers of the Placebo Effect" can't you see the word "placebo" there?

I saw this in our group library:

https://www.zotero.org/groups/from_some_psychologists
  • edited November 15, 2013
    The Advanced Search window you get when you click on the Zotero toolbar doesn't currently search group libraries. The results you're seeing are from your personal library. To use Advanced Search with a group library, you currently have to create a new saved search for the group by right-clicking on the group name.
  • Thanks Dan. That explains my confusion... ;-)

Could perhaps Zotero tell me this...? Until it is fixed.
  • "The Advanced Search window you get when you click on the Zotero toolbar doesn't currently search group libraries." - It is really bad. Will it be fixed in some time?
  • at some point yes, though note that you can use advanced search for groups:
    To use Advanced Search with a group library, you currently have to create a new saved search for the group by right-clicking on the group name.
  • edited May 12, 2014
    (1) Create new saved search
    (2) View results
    (3) Saved search is synchronised with the group. It is unnamed search, if I didn't entered the name. It uppears in root directory of the group, confusing other group members. It is Bad.
    (4) Clear saved search
    (5) Cleared search is synchronised with the group and disappeared from the root of the group.

Yes, I can, but it is bad.
  • Yeah, it was bad. In the latest 4.0 Beta, I've added the ability to search group libraries from the advanced search window without creating saved searches. This feature will be included in 4.0.21.
  • works nicely on first try - thanks!
  • Really thanks!