LibreOffice documents not indexed

I'm wondering why the LibreOffice ".odt" files I import into my Zotero library are not being indexed. Even if I right-click on a document and choose Reindex Item, nothing happens. I do have the LibreOffice plug-in installed so I would expect my documents to be indexed. I hope this is not too dumb a question. A search for the word "index" in the user manual returns not one result...

thanks in advance,

kazar
  • only pdfs, text files, and htmls are indexed.
    Zotero uses a special plugin to index pdfs and it would need yet another plugin to index odts - not sure if that's really worth it.
  • Probably worth it, if we can cover DOC and ODT with a single executable. Antiword was discussed at one point, but I don't remember why we decided it couldn't be used for Zotero's indexing.
  • okay, thank you for the info. I guess on important odt's I'll be liberal with the # of tags, and/or attach a note with keywords & phrases.
  • edited November 7, 2011
    I would think that docx and odt might be in the same ballpark, since the doc structure of both does include a plain-text component. But I"m just postulating as a tech consultant, i'm not a programmer ... wish i could help
  • https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/zotero-dev/antiword/zotero-dev/oX6Vig3fb34/A-sM0WoMnQkJ
  • That thread would seem to indicate that there's nothing stopping us from adding DOC, ODT, ODF, etc. support. Adding ODT/DOCX support would be fairly straightforward to add, to judge from the code-diving I did last spring to investigate plugins that use this bit of code. I wouldn't want to touch the antiword/DOC bit myself.

My only concern is that there have been rumblings of a change to the indexing/annotation system, and we'd need to confirm that those changes won't make any efforts in this vein, well, in vain.
  • Has anything changed since 2011 ? Zotero is an excellent bibliography program, but quite limited when you want to annotate the document the biblio entry refers to !

TIA
    ftr
  • nothing on this has changed, but I'm also not sure I understand what this has to do with annotation.