Problem renewing storage

Hello,

I apologize if I should be handing this through email, but I have been trying to do so without luck.

I received my notice to renew my storage. I tried three or four times, going each time to www.zotero.org/settings/purchasestorage, clicking on Purchase, filling in my credit card details and having it come back with "This card was declined". I'm not sure what to do, as there is no problem with my Visa card - I have talked to my bank and they do not see the request from the Stripes payment processing coming through, and they confirmed there is no problem with my card.

I wrote to storage@digitalscholar.org twice in mid-March but have not received a reply.

Thanks very much.

Best regards,
Tom (username bentle)
  • Hi,

I'm sorry to pester anyone about this, but I'm getting a bit anxious as I'm about to start a major collaborative project using Zotero as the basis for sharing reference material. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
    Tom
  • @Dan, fcheslack, Sean -
    this is quite unfortunate. People really shouldn't need to write multiple e-mails and forum posts to give Zotero money - while I do understand the structural reasons, it's still a bit ironic that pretty much any other concern seems to get handled more smoothly than problems with payments. Is the volume on the storage@.. e-mail really that high?
  • I'll have to echo @adamsmith's concerns. The posts we see about issues with storage subscriptions are quite embarrassing. People have to wait weeks to resolve payment issues. Frankly, that's unacceptable and, as someone who contributes a lot of time to the project, I feel a bit let down by the way this is being handled.
  • This should be a bit better going forward. (The address is now storage@zotero.org and goes to Faolan as well.)

I believe the requests in this thread and the other recent one have both been taken care of.
  • Thanks for addressing that.
  • Having same issues, trid multiple times to upgrade storage. May now have to delete my files because zotero wont allow me to finish my project.
  • ronald -
    what message are you getting exactly? And did you contact support by e-mail?

Also, there is no need to delete files. If you're at your storage limit you can just temporarily disable file syncing and everything else will continue to work as before.
This discussion has been closed.