• I would really love it if someone tried the 2nd or 3rd links above, to see if the problem is with my setup or someplace else...
  • Because of problems with gated resources or because translator developers have not yet added the functionality, not all translators grab PDFs. Your Scitation translator is working as designed.
  • Thanks, sean. I could have sworn that APS journals were working for me when I first started using Zotero, but I must have been mistaken.

For the tech-ignorant user that I am, could you interpret part of your response for me? Is this something that APS needs to fix, Zotero developers, or someone else? How soon might auto-pdf-grabbing work on APS sites?
  • Hi,

On scitation.aip.org, pdf-capture is broken and abstracts(!) do not appear.
    It matters, since this concerns some of the most important physics journals,
    like Phys. Rev. Lett.

Example:
    http://scitation.aip.org/getabs/servlet/GetabsServlet?prog=normal&id=PRLTAO000097000011110403000001&idtype=cvips&gifs=yes

Can this PLEASE be repaired ? Thanks !
  • Articles from APS journals are served from scitation.aps.org only if they were published from the 1st of January of 2006. Previous articles are served from prola.aps.org, which is managed through a completely different translator, "PROLA.js", which fully works (at least grabs both abstracts and pdf's correctly).