Public group and displayed columns

Hello,

is there any possibility to set the displayed fields with public groups so that any visitor can read title/creator/date/publication, instead of the default presentation title/creator/date modified ?

Tank you !
Julie
  • There is not. That is currently only a user preference.
  • OK too bad :)

I would suggest such a possibility (+ letting the user the possibility to change it if he/she wants)

Anyway, thank you for your quick reply !
  • I would also strongly suggest such a possibility. The owner of a public bibliography should be able to format it in a way that he/she wants it to be presented to the public. The default sort (by title) isn't very helpful for our purposes - it should be by author/creator. There is a real need for this to be an owner preference (that can make default settings for public viewing).

Thank you
  • I too strongly support the suggestion that the owner of a public bibliography should be able to format the way they would like the fields to be displayed/public -- for me that would be author/creator - title - publication date.

If not that --- then as hays452 suggested the default sort should display the author/creator column first.
  • Maybe my previous post elsewhere belongs here: as "Date modified" is hardly a relevant field, I really need the possiblity to change the default website view of our group library to "Title, Creator (or vice versa), Year (of publication)" at minimum.
    Our website view will be used by many "lay" visitors, we don't want them to have to adapt the view again with every visit (they will simply not do it and find our bibliography not useful/user friendly.) Thanks!