Add type "photo" or "picture"

2»
  • I was going to say that this is like actors in films, who can be cited when they are seen as necessary, but they don't have a role anyway. I can continue to use "Contributor" for this, as an actor would get.

When we get a way of modeling Agents (people) within Zotero, we should be able to cover this more properly with a relation of some sort (depictedIn, or something).
  • edited January 25, 2011
    I would actually add "subject" to "creator" types. It may be needed in other cases as well--an obituary title for example does not always include the deceased person's name but it is useful to have and in theory could be included in the citation (although I haven't seen examples of this). But I've been using "contributor" for this and am happy to continue to do that until we work out an "agents" system.
  • Could we just divide the item type into something like "Image" and "Object"? This would cover both kinds of artworks, as well as ethnographic photographs, spy gear from the Spy Museum, etc.
  • [Cross-posting my comment from the issue tracker: https://github.com/ajlyon/zotero-bits/issues/#issue/6]
    [..] I decided that we haven't sufficiently worked out how places should be implemented for Artwork. Specifically, what are the two fields? What are they called? I think the idea is that the object/artwork was created in one place (event-place, in CSL), and it is exhibited or held in another (publisher-place).

The problem really is that the latter shouldn't be called "Publisher Place", because that makes it sound like we're looking for the location of the publisher that published (a reproduction of) this piece of artwork. The type doesn't currently account for artwork published in, say, exhibition catalogs, and I believe we're leaving that for the hierarchical model to resolve, so I'd like to have a different name for this.

We might also be able to use "Archive"/archive to hold where a piece of artwork is exhibited, which would have the nice side-effect of fitting with historians' practice
  • I would like to be able to add [Image] in the reference list after the image name as that is what the APA system requires. How on earth do I modify the code to get it to do this for me in word?

Many thanks - and I am a newb when it comes to coding so please start right from the beginning (ie: where I go to find the code!!!)

Rachel
  • @DrGee,

You probably want to start a new thread for your request. Also, can you please post an example of the citation you want to make. APA places type labels like that in several different places, so it will help to know exactly what you want it to look like.