ScienceDirect not importing PDFs

Hi
I've tried with Safari and Firefox (both latest versions) and neither is letting me import the PDF when I import the reference from the website via the plugin when I am on ScienceDirect, e.g.

http://www.sciencedirect.com.libproxy.ucl.ac.uk/science/article/pii/S0301479713002247
The import seems to go ok until the PDF import bit which goes red and a cross appears. I can download and drag the PDF to Zotero but that kind of defeats the purpose of the plugin...
Not sure if anyone else is having this problem...

cheers
Adam
  • try with Firefox with Zotero Standalone closed. Does that work?
  • It did, but when I opened Zotero standalone it crashed Firefox. When I restarted firefox the zotero plugin had disappeared and even after downloading/reinstalling it still didn't appear. The word Zotero was visible on the bottom right corner of the firefox browser window with a yellow triangle saying that zotero wasn't active or something...

the plot thickens...
  • Hi Adam
    I have the same problem, without the crashing part.
    I use Firefox 27.0.1, Zotero extension 4.0.17.1 and standalone 4.0.17.
    When I try and save a Science Direct element from Firefox with Standalone open, it fails to save the pdf. However, it works with Standalone closed (but it does not save it in the collection I had opened, which makes it less convenient).
    Is this issue being looked at?

Cheers!
  • Is this also over proxy? That will probably not work currently with Standalone open. When you close Standalone, you can open Zotero inside Firefox (lower right corner) and select the collection you want.

Otherwise, please provide a URL that fails