Zotero now unable to import PDFs

I run Zotero 4.0.18beta.r9 because of a problem with searching for non-matching posts.

But now I discover that Zotero doesn't recognize pdf files at all. I get no option to save pdf's to Zotero, and if i try to import a PDF file directly I get a pop-up that there is no support for the file format.

So, what to do? Is there anything I should check to figure this out?

Edit: pdftotext and pdfinfo are both installed and recognized by Zotero. I tried updating "källfångare" ("source catchers"?) but that didn't help either.

Edit 2: If I do "store copy of file", then separately ask to index the PDF it seems to work. No idea why the option to store directly to Zotero is gone though.
  • edited February 26, 2014
    I get no option to save pdf's to Zotero
    Do you mean that this option is gone in Firefox in the file download dialog?
    if i try to import a PDF file directly I get a pop-up that there is no support for the file format
    You can't import PDFs using the Gear Menu -> Import function (that's for bibliographic formats). You can drag and drop PDFs or URLs to PDFs into Zotero or you can do what you say in your Edit2
    If I do "store copy of file", then separately ask to index the PDF it seems to work
    Though I'm not sure if you're also asking for help with indexing.
  • Thanks for the reply. I was a bit hasty it seems; I've semi-randomly clicked around in options and restarted Forefox twice; now the download dialog reappeared. And yes, I realize now that the import is only for importing references, not the actual source.

So things seem to work after all.