Collection Report Not Generating

When I try to generate a report for my collection, firefox is unresponsive and nothing is generated. I can generate small reports (5-10 items), but anything bigger fails to generate. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there anything I can do other than generate several small reports?
  • Are you using Firefox 2 or 3? Some issues with reports may be resolved if you upgrade to 3.
  • I'm running Firefox 3.0.2 and I've had the same problems (and in 3.0.1, 3.0.0 and FF2)

I try and generate a report from a collection, and for some reason a selection of items are generated from (about 25 of ~500 items). I've tried manually ctrl-clicking the entire collection, which takes a while of course, but this failed completely.
  • I see that in another thread the only solution is to open the html in EI, so it seems that this problem is not fixed. Could someone advise on how to open html into Explorer? Copying and pasting the html doesn't seem to work...
  • Fixed.

Since it's merely a style problem, the solution is to go to Firefox: View: Style: No Style , and the report displays correctly.

Thanks!
  • edited October 11, 2008
    Hi all,

I've isolated the problem with generating reports and nothing happening. It isn't the large collection that is a problem (I'm able to export 50+ items with lots of notes), it is the inclusion of cases with articles and books.

I'm able to export reports for the individual case and articles and books separately but not together.

In particular, the below item won't export into a report with anything else.

Hope this helps,
    R

Type
    Case

Author
    J Rutledge

Case Name
    Prince v. Massachusetts (RUTLEDGE, J., Opinion of the Court)

Reporter
    U.S.

Reporter Volume

Court
    U.S. Supreme Court

First Page

History
    APPEAL FROM THE SUPERIOR COURT OF MASSACHUSETTS PLYMOUTH COUNTY

Date Decided
    1944-01-31 1944 January 31

Language
    en-us

Short Title
    Prince v. Massachusetts

URL
    http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/historics/USSC_CR_0321_0158_ZO.html

Accessed
    Sat Oct 4 10:53:09 2008

Date Added
    Sat Oct 4 10:53:09 2008

Modified
    Sat Oct 11 23:40:10 2008

Tags:

* children

* equal protection

* family law

* freedom of religion

Notes:

MR. JUSTICE RUTLEDGE delivered the opinion of the Court:
    "And it is in recognition of this that these decisions have respected the private realm of family life which the state cannot enter."