Library disappeared

I've been using Zotero with Firefox for a couple of years. This morning I was surprised to find no Zotero tab on my Firefox screen. I went to Zotero.com, logged in and thought I was supposed to reinstall Zotero, which I did, but left me with an empty library. Checking out troubleshooting responses on this site, I thought maybe I should reset Firefox, which I just did, and now — again — there is no Zotero link available on my screen. This is very disturbing — lots and lots of research data is stored in my (now invisible) library.
  • I found my library! Just by clicking on the My Library tab on the Zotero page. What a relief! BUT I've again lost the the "Zotero" link that used to appear on the bottom right of the Firefox page. That was really handy, much easier than signing into Zotero.com every time I need the library. Can I restore that link?
  • Thank you, but I still haven't solved it. Now I have the icon (after re-installing Zotero), but when I click on it, it shows an empty "My library" with only the Quick Start Guide. How do I get it to show my actual library, the way it used to?
  • Also, when I go to the Sync box in the extensions preference, username and password are blank and it asks me to create an account. Shouldn't it be sync'ing to my existing account?
  • put in your username and password to sync.
  • Thanks, Adam. All is well now. But how did this happen? How do I back up my library?
  • Part way down this page it specifically talks about making a backup, bu there are important data on the whole page. https://www.zotero.org/support/zotero_data