Same publisher, different titles, but 4 with the same year

How best to do this in Zotero? Would I add a, b, c and d immediately at the end of the year of each document? i.e.

World Bank (2010a)
World Bank (2010b)
World Bank (2010c)
World Bank (2010d)

Or is there another way to do this in Zotero?

I've over 400 so far and this is the first time I've come across this. Thank you in advance for any suggestion.
  • Please explain exactly (in more detail) what you're trying to do.

It seems that you are trying to cite these items in a word processor. If that is the case, Zotero will (in most cases) automatically add suffixes to dates to disambiguate citations where necessary. If that is not working for you, tell us which citation style you are using and how exactly you are inserting these citations in your Word processor.
  • Zotero automatically inserts a, b, c and d! Great. I just wish there were a way of knowing which one was assigned a, b, c or d.
  • It will appear in the bibliography next to the year.
  • By the order they appear in the bibliography. While that depends on the style, it would typically be alphabetically by title.
  • But I can't imagine why you would want/need to know this beforehand, because you can't rely on the suffixes to remain stable. They may change as you insert more references.
  • Got it. Thank you.
  • The difficulty comes up when the same author published a text with the same titel in the same year in different journals.
  • Not sure I follow what difficulty you are referring to.
  • Zotero does not distinguish these citations and wants to treat them as duplicate entries. However, I need a separate entry in the data base, such as 1968a and 1968b.
  • Zotero my _file_ them in the duplicate folder, but that's inconsequential for citations: In the text they'd still show up as 1968a and 1968b.