group admin can create collections but can't add items to group library

We have created a private group. Everyone has admin rights.
Everything works great for all members EXCEPT:
one particular member can create collections and sub collections visible to the whole group, but if he adds items to those collections they show up on his computer in the group library but are not visible to the other group members, even after numerous syncs (by him and the other members).
in his "sync" settings he has both boxes (sync files in my library and group library) ticked. His storage and the group storage is also not maxed out.
Any suggestions? Thanks
  • one particular member can create collections and sub collections visible to the whole group, but if he adds items to those collections they show up on his computer in the group library but are not visible to the other group members, even after numerous syncs (by him and the other members)
    This would be very odd if true. It's far more likely that his changes are just no longer syncing, and that the collections were created previously. Zotero currently syncs all data in all libraries at once, so he should also check whether items he creates in his personal library show up on zotero.org.
  • Thanks for the quick reply.
    Very odd indeed, and yes, most likely some stupid mistake on our part.
    but no, we were sitting right next to each other and the new collections he created right there and then always showed up after the next sync on my computer, but if he added items they never did make it onto my platform. we also never got an exclamation mark next to the sync arrow.(the warning that the syncs were unsuccessful)
    However, as you suggest now, we never had the idea to check if the items appeared on zotero.org in the group library and will do that in the next few days..Hopefully we can work it out from there.
  • The other thing to check is whether the items appear in the group library root.
  • Sorry, how do we do that? Is that something else than logging into the website and checking in our group library there?
  • No, that's it, but I'm just saying that you should verify that they're not showing up in the group library itself — by sorting by Date Added in the library root — rather than just checking the collection where he added them.