error: reached file storage quota; yet have 1 GB of starge available

I am having a particular syncing problem. I originally attached pdfs to my library files, but realizing they were too big I deleted them all from my local zotero library. Yet when I sync I am told I have reached storage quota. I check my storage and I have plenty of room. I have tried to reset my sync preferences to "restore zotero to server". yet the the larger files stay on the servers even though I have deleted them from my computer.

Any suggestions?
  • Dan will probably have to take a look, but the most common cause of this is either one very large file - e.g. if you accidentally put a movie into Zotero as an attachment - or if you're trying to sync a file to a group owned by someone else who has exceeded her/his limit.
  • Or having the file in your trash still...
  • ah right - that's the Zotero trash, many people don't realize it even exists.
  • Emptying the trash definitely helped, in that the sync process seems to be going forward without the error of "over storage quota". Now I have the never ending spinning wheel of the sync--2 hours after I started! But i will be patient!
  • Emptying the trash definitely helped, in that the sync process seems to be going forward without the error of "over storage quota". Now I have the never ending spinning wheel of the sync--2 hours after I started! But i will be patient!
  • Restart Firefox.

Extended sync queues are no longer an issue. We're investigating the cause of the recent spate of unending spinning reports, but they're not due to server load, and there's no actual sync activity, so just restart Firefox.
  • I am using 0.3% of my 2gb zotero storage. When I sync from my stand-alone version of Zotero (after asking to reset from my computer to Zotero) I get constant errors saying that "You have reached your zotero storage limit" and then it identifies a file that is somehow in violation. If i delete this file it churns for a bit then gives me the warning again with a different file. It says "you can upgrade your storage" which I already did.

My trash is empty and I'm frustrated. Any help?
  • are you positive you're syncing to the same account you're checking the storage for?
  • This would also happen if the file is in a group you're in that's owned by someone else. Group storage counts against the group owner's quota.
  • (The owner of that group could transfer the group to you, if you want to use your storage quota for it.)
  • AdamSmith: that was it. I must have been working with two accounts for years. Thanks