Own group library attachments not downloading

Hi,

I've got a personal library, three group libraries that I administer and one group library that I'm (admin) member of.

I've recently installed Zotero in Firefox on a new machine and copied over the library from a Standalone copy. Upon synching, my own library and two of the group libraries are synching correctly. Two other ones (that I own and without members) are not synching attachments. There is no error and pressing the sync button does not resolve the problem. Because all libraries together are large, I would prefer not to reset the the sync.

Any help would be appreciated.

N
  • have you checked that the files are accessible in the groups' library online?
  • Yes. I have and they are.

Also, when I set group library synching to 'as needed', the relevant attachment will be downloaded when double clicked. When I set the sync setting to 'at sync time', and I double-click the attachment, I get a 'File not found' dialog box.

The attachment dot at the right of the list entry is also empty for all entries.
  • Under Reset, do "Reset File Sync History", which will not repeat the sync, it will just check each attachment individually.
    Absolutely do not use any of the other reset options
  • Ah, that seems to be doing the right thing.

Thanks.
  • To be clear, resetting file sync history shouldn't be necessary under normal circumstances. Did you copy just the Zotero database rather than the entire Zotero data directory? If you had done the latter, you'd have all the files from the Standalone copy.
  • No, I had copied the entire data directory (at least that was my intention). Not sure what it was...