Zotero Connector for Google Chrome is not working

Hi all,

having trouble getting zotero connector (version 4.0.8.2) up and running on my chrome browser (Version 31.0.1650.63 m). When I go to Zotero Connector options, I get an error message with this ID: Error ID: 420234000

Tried everything: rebooting, reinstalling. But nothing seems to work.

Can you help me with this?

Thanks

Jens
  • what exactly happens, though? It gives you an error on install? It doesn't display on supported pages?
  • I cannot see the zotero connector in my chrome browser. When I go to zotero connector below settings/extensions and press options, I get the following:

[JavaScript Error: "Cannot read property 'id' of undefined" {file: "chrome-extension://ekhagklcjbdpajgpjgmbionohlpdbjgc/background.js" line: 75}]

[JavaScript Error: "Cannot read property 'id' of undefined" {file: "chrome-extension://ekhagklcjbdpajgpjgmbionohlpdbjgc/background.js" line: 75}]

[JavaScript Error: "Attempting to use a disconnected port object" {file: "extensions::messaging" line: 70}]

• ... I tried to click the amazon link you posted in other posts that had a similar problem, but the zotero connector does not show up when I use that link.
  • those errors don't necessarily indicated a problem.
    Please provide a debug ID from Chrome for the process of loading the amazon link
    http://www.zotero.org/support/debug_output#zotero_connectors_chrome_and_safari

(this link: http://www.amazon.com/Wealth-Nations-Adam-Smith/dp/161382081X/ to make sure we're on the same page)
  • The debug ID is: D43289127

Thanks for your help :)
  • @Dan - anything there?
  • It looks like the detection is working properly. Are you sure you don't see a blue book icon at the right of your URL bar on that page?
  • nope. cannot see anything. I also have evernote web clipper installed in my chrome browser. Could that be the reason why zotero is not working properly?
  • do try to disable all other extensions (not just Evernote) in Chrome and try again, yes.
  • hey! It works now :) Thanks a lot for your help.
  • try re-enabling them one by one, see which one it was and please do let us know.
    A conflict with the Evernote web clipper would be bad, I assume a lot of people are using that.
  • I have evernote running and the zotero connector also works. So don't worry :)