LibreOffice 4 - inserting bibliography corrupts formatting

Hi,

after upgrading LibreOffice from 3.6.6 (on Ubuntu 12.10) to 4.0.2.2 (Ubuntu 13.04), I started suffering from a formatting problem when inserting bibliography.

I have a document with this structure:
- 10 title pages ("First page" style with footer switched off, separated by page break),
- table of contents,
- text,
- bibliography.

The text containts citations in ISO 690 style. When I insert bibliography (toolbar button in LibreOffice), it changes the style of the very first page to "Default". Also, the generated table of contents formatting gets corrupted, so that page numbers for sections are not justified to the right, but there is a paddings from the right side depending on the level (the higher level of a section the bigger padding from the right).

I'm on Ubuntu 13.04 with LibreOffice 4.0.2.2, Zotero Standalone 4.0.6 and Zotero OpenOffice plugin 3.5.6.

Anyone else having such problem?
  • Hello,

I am having a similar problem using Libre office 4, Zotero with Firefox portable and W7 64bit. Everything works well (thanks a lot!!), with this little annoying format changes when the renew process is invoked:

- The title page format get changed (from three title pages to one and making it equal)
    - The title following the bibliographic index gets changed to "bibliography 1" as well as the following text up to another index field.
    -a second header following this is not changing.

I tried to change the style in order to see if this might solve it, but was not successful.

Some help would be very appreciated.
  • Hi,

I guess the problem arises from the workarounds that had to be made to have it work with Libreoffice 4. At least thats what I assume after looking into the source code (ReferenceMark.java and Document.java of the Libreoffice intergration).
  • I can confirm this. Everytime a source is inserted or updated, the style of the first page is set to "Default". Creating a custom style doesn't prevent this.
  • Same problem, is there a fix for this bug coming soon?
  • I think this was a LibreOffice bug, and I think that it is already fixed in newer versions. Are you sure you're experiencing the same issue as the original poster? If so, what version of LibreOffice do you have?
  • Thanks Simon for your comment.
    Apparently the bug still exists if you put a Zotero reference mark in first paragraph of first page, but not if reference mark is placed elsewhere. I made some tests in old documents where I have had this problem, and it doesn't corrupt page style anymore.
    Though, it looks like a related issue.

(using up to date versions of Zotero and LO)
  • Exactly the same problem as stated below still persists, with latest version of LibreOffice 4, and latest version of Zotero (plugin), Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. Can anyone recommend a workaround, or is there a fix? Thanks.

Text from Yoco from May 2013:

"I am having a similar problem using Libre office 4, Zotero with Firefox portable and W7 64bit. Everything works well (thanks a lot!!), with this little annoying format changes when the renew process is invoked:

- The title page format get changed (from three title pages to one and making it equal)
    - The title following the bibliographic index gets changed to "bibliography 1" as well as the following text up to another index field.
    -a second header following this is not changing.

I tried to change the style in order to see if this might solve it, but was not successful.

Some help would be very appreciated."