SOS: Zotero does not insert quotation in Libreoffice 4.1.3.2 (nor do any other Zotero features work)

Dear friends,
can anybody help me please?!
My Zotero does not insert quotation in Libreoffice 4.1.3.2 (nor do any other Zotero features work)

I'm working with
Libreoffice 4.1.3.2
Zotero 4.0.16
Firefos 25.0.1
Win 8 (64Bit)

Here ist the error promt:

Ein Scripting Framework Fehler trat während der Ausführung vom Basic-Skript vnd.sun.star.script:Zotero.Zotero.ZoteroAddCitation?language=Basic&location=application auf.

Meldung: The following Basic script could not be found:
library: 'Zotero'
module: 'Zotero'
method: 'ZoteroAddCitation'

Thnx
  • PS.: I already tried to (re-)install the Plugin 3.5.8., it didn't help though.
  • Pretty sure this is a Java issue - there were some issues with java on 64-bit machines when LO 4.1 came out - someone else may know more or I might have time to search later, but that's the place where you want to be looking.
  • thnx, A.S. Indeed, that was my guess, too. But I've really no clue what to do!
  • you can start by checking here:
    https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/31145/#Item_2
  • thnx adamsmith, I verified Java RE to be checked and Oracle Corporation 1.7.0_45 to be listed below. Any other ideas?
    I'd appreciate any help.
  • First, if you haven't already, try reinstalling the LibreOffice add-in. If that doesn't help, and you don't mind losing your LibreOffice preferences, you could try closing LibreOffice, typing %APPDATA% at the Windows Start screen, moving the LibreOffice directory from the folder that opens to the desktop, and reinstalling the LibreOffice add-in again as above.
  • Same problem as Giovanni Maltese, although the versions should be ok and checked the Java issue and re-installed the Libre Office add-in... The Zotero icons appear in Libre Office but none of them works (no error message appears either). Thanks if you have any idea !!!
  • what does "same problem" mean - do you get the exact same error as above ("The following Basic script could not be found") or does nothing happen when you click the icons?
  • Sorry, I was not clear : I meant nothing happens when I click the icons...
  • edited December 19, 2013
    (Oops, sorry, I see you already tried reinstalling the extension.) Do you see a message if you try to click the buttons when Firefox/Zotero is closed?
  • Thanks Simon. I had to leave the office and probably won't be able to go back there for a few days - but I'll check this when I return ; I had not thought of this possibility of maybe getting a message...
  • came back to the office today, tried to click the buttons when Firefox was closed - got an error message and now everything works ! I guess the computer just wanted to be shut down for a while - thank you Simon and Adamsmith for your messages and sorry to have bothered you with what seems to be a non-problem...