Firefox crashes when I try to "Remove Codes" from Word 2010 document without in-text citations

Steps leading to crash:

1. Created a Word document (Doc-A) with in-text citations and then inserted a bibliography at end of the document.

2. Copied the bibliography from Doc-A to another Word document (Doc-B) using the copy-paste sequence. Note, only bibliography is copied, not the in-text citations.

3. In Doc-B, if I hit the 'Zotero Remove Codes' feature, Firefox crashes. In Doc-B, the bibliography gets shaded if I click on it, signifying it isn't just copied text but has fields. If I do a 'Toggle Field Codes' in Word, I see this text "{ADDINZOTERO_BIBL{"custom":[]}CSL_BIBLIOGRAPHY}"

Zotero Firefox 4.0.16 with Zotero Word 3.1.15 in Firefox 25.0.1 on Windows 7 64-bit and Microsoft Word 2010 32-bit
  • Can you provide a crash ID? If you chose to send the crash to Mozilla when Firefox crashed, then type "about:crashes" into your URL bar and paste the first long string of letters here. If not, you'll need to reproduce the crash to get this. (It should be easy to tell whether you sent the previous crash based on the time in about:crashes.)
  • Simon, It seems like the problem vanished when I tried recreating it. The same steps now produce a different result. I get the document preferences window and after I hit 'OK', the field codes are removed. Last time, I repeated my steps multiple times and it crashed each time. I had not submitted a crash report then, as evident from the about:crashes time entries.

If I get this issue again, I will make certain to report the crash id here.