Perpetual "Logging in to sync server" & "Loading items list..."

After a long leave from my desk (a couple of months due to maternity leave), my library in Zotero just doesn't load. It is stuck on syncing (the arrow keeps on turning) and only mentions "Loading items list...". Any ideas on how to fix this problem? I checked and my library is still intact on zotero.org (first I kind of panicked that my whole library was gone. forever.). I am using Zotero through a Firefox Add-On on a personal university computer, so I am not fully in charge of all the settings.
  • The error report won't submit (perhaps because the errors showing are all in grey instead of black?), so I cannot provide a report ID unfortunately.

I use Zotero version 4.0.5 and Firefox version 25.0.1. I am currently using Windows XP, but the university will change to Windows 7 in the coming days.

I hope someone can help me or can point me to what information (and how to retrieve it) I should provide to qualify for help.
  • PS:

I tried deleting the cache-files, as is recommended on the support page. I also checked if I am using the latest version of Firefox. I apologize for not being able to do more.
  • PS2:

I do not know whether this is helpful as a substitute for a report ID, but these are the error messages shown in grey:

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "Cannot modify properties of a WrappedNative" nsresult: "0x80570034 (NS_ERROR_XPC_CANT_MODIFY_PROP_ON_WN)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/zotero.js :: timerCallback.notify :: line 1555" data: no]" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/zotero.js" line: 1555}]

And that message over and over again.
  • start by updating Zotero to the most recent version, 4.0.16
  • Thank you! I mistakenly thought I had the most recent version of Zotero.