Issue with Standalone profile

I installed Zotero Standalone. Zotero Firefox was already installed. I chose to use the same library as Firefox. I'm on Win 7.

This page: https://www.zotero.org/support/zotero_data

says where my Zotero data will be stored, but it wasn't entirely clear to me where it would be. I assumed it would install to:

C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<randomstring>\zotero

But there is also a default location listed as:

C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Roaming\Zotero\Profiles\<randomstring>\zotero

But the folder created was actually neither one:

C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Roaming\Zotero\Zotero\Profiles\<randomstring>.default\

Is this just a documentation issue, or did something strange happen during my install?
  • if you had Firefox already installed and then installed Zotero Standalone, the actual data directory should be in the Firefox profile - that's where the zotero.sqlite should be.

But on install Zotero would still create a profile folder for standalone (as you need to install add-ons for both versions). The location doesn't matter, so don't worry about it, but yes, I think the standard filepath on Windows has two Zotero's in it (though someone with Windows running should double-check before updating the doc)
  • I think the standard filepath on Windows has two Zotero's in it
    Seems to be the case on Win7 (I guess because one counts as the company and the other as the product, like Mozilla\Firefox). Not sure about WinXP.
  • (fixed by Dan in the doc)