Report-ID: 463355574 (temporary freezes of Zotero Standalone)

Hi all,

I irregularly experience temporary freezes of Zotero Standalone, sometimes just 10-20 seconds, sometimes several minutes. Longer freezes seem to happen when Syncing involves merging and/or issues with access rights, but I don't see a clear pattern. My system is Ubuntu 13.10 32-bit, I'm using the latest Zotero Standalone 4.0.15.

Please find my error report below; any hints are appreciated, and I'm of course ready to provide more info if this is useful.

Best,
Christof

---

[JavaScript Error: "comment is null" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/bindings/itembox.xml" line: 1497}]

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED) [mozIStoragePendingStatement.cancel]" nsresult: "0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED)" location: "JS frame :: file:///home/christof/Programs/Zotero_linux-i686/components/zotero-autocomplete.js :: :: line 330" data: no]" {file: "file:///home/christof/Programs/Zotero_linux-i686/components/zotero-autocomplete.js" line: 330}]

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80570016 (NS_ERROR_XPC_GS_RETURNED_FAILURE) [nsIJSCID.getService]" nsresult: "0x80570016 (NS_ERROR_XPC_GS_RETURNED_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: resource://gre/modules/XPCOMUtils.jsm :: XPCU_serviceLambda :: line 202" data: no]" {file: "resource://gre/modules/XPCOMUtils.jsm" line: 202}]

[JavaScript Error: "comment.split is not a function" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/bindings/itembox.xml" line: 1497}]

---
  • If you can provide a Debug ID that shows such a freeze, we'll take a look. We're fixing a number of freeze-related issues for 4.0.16, which will be out later today, but if you can reproduce this reliably enough it'd be good to know if we're addressing the issue you're seeing.
  • The ID is in the title to the post, at least I guess this is what it is.
    Thanks!
    Christof
  • Debug ID, not Report ID. Follow my link.
  • Ah, sorry. The Debug ID is D1995834771.
    But this is not immediately after noting the freeze. I can try to catch it again, go through the procedure (submit to server and note ID) right away, and post here again.
    Thanks for the help,
    Christof
  • There's a good chance this is fixed in 4.0.16, available now.
  • Ok, thanks, have installed and will check. All fine if I don't report back.