Group libraries

Hello!

I have been using Zotero since some years and I am happy with it.

I had a problem in the last week: I cannot access the Groups tab in the personal webpage. I need to change some settings there, but when I try to upload that page it does not upload and there is this message: "An internal server error occurred. Please try again later."
This problem showed up also one week ago, and since then I cannot access the information i need.
On the other hand, from the separate Zotero window I can see the items in the group libraries. I only cannot access the webpage from where I could change the settings.

Does anyone know what shall I do to fix this?

Thank you.
  • the group name would probably help. And do try this on a different browser - or better yet a different computer - if you haven't already
  • I have seen that error also, in firefox. Are you using the standalone program or the plugin? I'd advise using the standalone program.
  • This is a server error on the website, so it would make no difference whether you were using Zotero for Firefox or Zotero Standalone locally.

There was some server trouble earlier today, but it's been resolved. If you're no longer seeing this error, it's nothing to worry about. If you're still getting it, let us know.
  • Thank you for the suggestions. I had tried to use Zotero in another browser (chrome) but it did not work either.

Now it is solved though, as it is working again. I got this problem several times, but I guess this cannot be adjusted by me when it happens.

Thank you for your feedback!
  • I advise that server issues(description, start, end) be recorded on some sort of outages or problem page so that users might attempt to decide if a system problem causes their issue or if it's a different type of problem.
  • In the rare cases where there are server errors that last longer than a couple of minutes, there is a sticky thread at the top of this forum.
  • To adamsmith: sorry, but which is the sticky thread you refer to?
  • Devs make a thread sticky - i.e. it stays at the top of the list of threads in the forum - when a problem occurs. That's not the case at this time, so there's no thread.