How to hide Zotero notes?

Is there a way to hide Zotero endnotes and footnotes so that I can work with and print out a clean manuscript free of notes and their superscripted numbers?
  • Not really, no. This would likely be something that you'd want to solve in the word processor, and a quick google shows that it's at least not easily possible in Word (though there are workarounds that you can find that way).
    At least for on-screen reading, you could also likely define the footnote anchor and text as hidden or white, so it won't show.
  • There used to be a blank style, but I do not know how well it works with the current Zotero version. You can find the style here:

https://bitbucket.org/bdarcus/csl-styles/src/37778ca5f4b1/blank.csl
  • I believe Zotero should produce a warning for blank citations [ CSL error: No printed form]
  • It does, but that can then be globally replaced with a blank string, resulting in a clean document.
  • You could probably avoid the empty cite warning by rendering only a zero-width space.
  • I haven't worked with Zotero for very long. Are you saying there's a possibility of losing the citations if you try to hide the footnotes?
  • None of the suggestions floated so far should cause citations to be lost from the document. Switching back to a normal style should wake them up again.
  • Thanks to all for the help. I'll give it a try.