installation zotero firefox + apache open offixe

bonjour je n'arrive pas à installer les plugins pour firefox et apache open office.
pouvez vous m'aider?
  • what happens when you try?
  • pour firefox c réglé mais pour open office je n'arrive toujours pas
    quand je clique sur le module complémentaire il me dit qu'il est installé correctement mais quand je vais dans open office il n'y a toujours pas les icones dans la barre d'outils
  • je ne sais pas comment j'ai fais mais je viens de réussir
    merci quand meme
  • non en fait ca ne marche pas je n'ai plus la barre d'outil zotero dans open office
    je ne sais plus quoi faire
  • so you had it intermittently?
    Is it listed under View --> Toolbars (sorry, don't know what those would be in French)
  • yes i had it intermittently but the items on the toolbar doesn't work
    so i throw it and i never arrive to reset it

it says:installation could not be completed because an error occurred. Please ensure that LibreOffice/OpenOffice.org/NeoOffice is closed, and then restart Firefox.
  • so i close and restart a thousand time but never change anything
  • provide an error report ID after triggering that error:
    http://www.zotero.org/support/reporting_bugs#provide_a_report_id
  • this is the rapport erreur

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0xc1f30001 (NS_ERROR_NOT_INITIALIZED) [mozIStorageConnection.transactionInProgress]" nsresult: "0xc1f30001 (NS_ERROR_NOT_INITIALIZED)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/db.js :: Zotero.DBConnection.prototype.transactionInProgress :: line 590" data: no]" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/db.js" line: 590}]
  • versions:
    zotero-4.0.11
    java:jre-7u45-macosx-x64
    apache open office 4.0.1
    firefox 25.0

all on mac book air

i hope it was helpfull for you...
  • edited November 3, 2013
    This is the relevant error:
    [JavaScript Error: "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIServerSocket.init]" {file: "file:///Users/[...]/Library/Application%20Support/Firefox/Profiles/[...].default/extensions/zoteroOpenOfficeIntegration@zotero.org/components/zoteroOpenOfficeIntegration.js" line: 83}]
    Simon will need to take a look.
  • i don't understand
  • edited November 3, 2013
    It's not for you. Another developer will need to look at it.
  • My suspicion would be this is a Java issue:
    At least LibreOffice only works with 32-bit Java
    See the last two posts of this discussion for some background and potential solutions:
    https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/32381/mac-os-x-109-mavericks/#Item_5
    are you using OSX 10.9?
  • my english is not verry good so i don't understand everything...
    open office and zotero doesn't work together because there is no version of java working on mac for these too applications?

i'm trying all day long to install it for nothing? :-((?
  • I'm not sure - it's possible that OpenOffice handled this better.
    To start with, which Mac OS version are you using?
  • i think it's version 10.8.5
  • so do you think there is a solution?

if no solution do you think word will work?
  • yes to both. This is likely solvable in AOo, Simon would know better what to do exactly, I don't know enough about Macs.
    It would also work with Mac Word, yes.
  • who's simon?could you transfer these messages?
    "AOo" : don't understand
  • AOo = Apache Open Office
    Simon will see this, might just take a little.
  • thank you ;-)
  • FWIW, the error would indicate that Zotero cannot open a connection on port 19876 on the loopback interface (though it seems to be able to do so just fine on port 23116).

I don't use a Mac so I can't be of a lot of help here, but it's possible that the Mac firewall is blocking this port (though I would find this unlikely for that specific port and on a loopback interface) or another program is already using this port.

To see what programs may be using this port, open terminal and run the following command sudo lsof -i | grep 19876 You can post the output (if any) here.
  • Usually the error binding to the port would indicate that you have Zotero Standalone open simultaneously (with Zotero Standalone and Zotero for Firefox are set to point to different data directories). Can you confirm that this isn't the case?

Either way, this wouldn't cause an installation error. To troubleshoot that, follow these instructions and if they don't help, post the error you receive from manual installation.
  • in the first time i install zotero standalone but i throw it
    and then i install zotero for firefox
    so zotero standalone shouldn't be working
  • error code: 903929735