Zotero for firefox not working with Word Report ID#1290889031

Report ID# 1290889031

Word: 2010
Waterfox 24 (Firefox x64 variant)
Zotero plugin 4.0.12
Zotero Word for Windows Integration plugin 3.1.14
Zotero.dot template is active and toolbar present in Word
Also have Zotero standalone installed but rarely use it

Zotero works great in Waterfox and I can get all my references as usual. When I try to create a citation in Word using Zotero through Waterfox I get the following error:

"Zotero could not load the component required to communicate with your word processor. Please ensure that the appropriate extension is installed and try again."

I can create citations in Word if I use the standalone version.

I have tried uninstalling Zotero and all its plugins/templates and re-installing them without success. Both the standalone and Waterfox versions of Zotero show the Word add-in installed in the Zotero preferences.

Any ideas?
Thanks
  • At present there are no official 64-bit Firefox builds on Windows, so we don't build or ship 64-bit versions of the Word plugin.
  • edited November 3, 2013
    Is there a timeline for a x64 based Firefox plugin considering approximately 50% of Firefox users run the x64 version of the web browser on 64 bit systems and the Zotero Firefox version itself runs on the x64 version of Firefox?
  • Never mind, I found another post where you explain your reasoning and it makes sense I guess...I don't like it, but it makes sense. :)