EBSCOhost translator issues

My Institution uses EBSCOhost as the Discovery layer for the library catalogue. Unfortunately the Zotero translator for EBSCOhost is not correctly recognising the different MARC21 fields or subfields in the 245 field (Title and Statement of Responsibility)- which in MARC is formatted as:

$aTitle /$cStatement of responsibility
What I can see is that the /$c subfield is incorrectly being transferred into the Zotero 'Title' metadata field.

Also in the 260 field (Publication, Distribution, etc.), the place, publisher and date are being lumped together instead of recognising the MARC21 formatting which separates each subfield as:

$aPlace :$bPublisher,$cDate.

I have searched all the forums but can't see any other person who has commented on this - but after checking the WorldCat translator and seeing it capable of recognising the MARC21 formatting for fields 245 and 260, I wanted to ask if this could be done in the EBSCOhost translator also?

Many thanks,

Giulia
  • I'd like to second Giulia's comments. My institution offers Zotero workshops from time to time, and we also use Ebsco's discovery product, so we'd like to see accurate metadata extraction.
  • We don't (and probably can't) access MARC from EBSCO discovery layers. We use EBSCO's RIS export. If there are problems, you can report them here with specific examples, but most likely this is something you'll need to take up with EBSCO.