JS error prevents PubMed etc. import?

I'd like to report a strange error which may blocks the import from pages:

error report 2061863716

[JavaScript Error: "Die Zeichenkodierung des HTML-Dokuments wurde nicht deklariert. Das Dokument wird in manchen Browser-Konfigurationen mit verstümmeltem Text dargestellt, wenn das Dokument Zeichen außerhalb des US-ASCII-Bereichs enthält. Die Zeichenkodierung der Seite muss im Dokument oder Transferprotokoll deklariert werden." {file: "http://www.isogg.org/tree/ISOGG_HapgrpJ.html" line: 0}]

The above error report is in german and complains about the missing character-encoding on this web page.
  • some additional helpful info:

Win7x32, Portable Firefox 24, Zotero 4.0.12 extension

this error report maybe is more on target of the topic: id 547795598

[JavaScript Error: "Overwriting translator with same filename 'Galegroup.js' in Zotero.Translators.save()" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/translation/translator.js" line: 391}]

[JavaScript Error: "Overwriting translator with same filename 'ProQuest.js' in Zotero.Translators.save()" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/translation/translator.js" line: 391}]
  • That's a harmless Firefox error. Are you actually experiencing a problem? If so, provide an example URL and a Report ID after trying to save.

There are a lot of file access denied messages in your error report, though, which indicates a problem with your Zotero data directory. Check the permissions in that directory. (The errors are about the 'styles' subdirectory, but there might be problems with other files as well.)
  • Thank you Dan!
    I have found also http://www.zotero.org/support/troubleshooting_translator_issues

Sorry to have posted early. I have not used Zotero Translator function for a long time and I see there could be many reasons why the icon is not showing up.

I probably will try to install a fresh Firefox Portable and then try arround to see if the existing portable environment has problems.
  • It indeed looks like it was a Zotero data directory problem. I have now re-created the data directory with Zotero Sync Server and then also in the "old Firefox" the import icon did show up again even having Cookie Monster active.