Tags dont work for me

Hi

The way I use the program is as I add something give it a not done tag, then as I finish with the individual document I change it to done. Then I can happily work through all my not done documents.

The problem is that done tagged items have started to show along with the not done items.

Please give me a pointer.

TC
  • Hmmm. 'm not sure I totally understand what happening, but...

Do you tag child items, too? (Like notes, files, snapshots, etc.?) If so, maybe there are still some "not done" tags luking around.
  • My guess is that the problem items have both done and not done tags. If that is the case you can set an advanced search for tag is "not done" and tag is not "done". That should show only the items that you have flagged as not done and sift out all the ones you have added not done tags to. It is also nice, in that, as you manipulate these tags on the items the "Not done" smart collection will update automatically.
  • thanks, but I actually just edit the first tag i put in by deleting the not when it is done...so there aren't numerous tags.

it worked perfectly on my last work, but not this time.
  • What do you mean by "showing"? Where are they showing up? How are you searching for them?
  • I select the 'not done' tag which shows all documents with the tag 'not done.'

When i have finished that document i edit its tag to 'done' - which as i have the 'not done' tag selected should make the recently completed document disappear from my active list.