Tags add an icon, no text allowed, fails to create tag.

This is across win2000 laptops. With no other add-ons. It does the same with either the new data base or one from prev version. Syncs fine relationships fine. In the older data base allows drag and drop to existing tags, but no new tags.
The tag creation goes to the point of adding the icon on a new line, but will not allow the entering of any text. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks
  • Created new profile - new install zotero - new data base, unmolested. Still same problem. No other addons installed or ever where. No tool bars added.
  • Thanks for your report. This is a known issue (#1077)
  • In the future I will consider that Possibility before I request help. And look there first as your site said to. Sorry, Thanks and VIVA Zotero.
  • I just started having this same problem with the latest update. My Firefox Add-ons say that I have version 1.5a1.3210. I run a Mac and hadn't had any problems revising nearly all of my tags (messy, long, conflated tags from Endnote import) until today with the latest auto-update. Are there any work-arounds for this? Thanks.
  • additionally there is some slightly weird behaviour after i add a tag to a note by dragging the note onto a tag : the "add tag" window keeps turning itself on in the right hand pane (and i lose focus from the separate editing window if have it open) as if i had clicked on it - but maybe this is fixed in the trunk too?
  • Just to bring this up, I am having an identical problem (tried adding a tag to a note) - no text entry is allowed, and the tag image just shows up next to a blank line.

Zotero 1.5-sync1 on windows XP, for what good that does :)

Dan
  • Ah this is a known issue. Go me :)

Thanks for keeping on top of all this, amazing program.
  • @lunatrik
    hi
    i wonder if you see the same behaviour as me (mac tiger firefox 3.01) on windoze after you add a tag by dragging the note onto a tag in the left-hand pane?
  • Add Tag failure:
    Zotero Version 1.0.7, Firefox 3.0.3, Windows 2000 SP4, Java JRE 6 U7

Add Tag (clicked) refuses to open for an attached Snapshot or attached Link. It worked for the primary document under the "Tags" tab and for an attached Note edited in a separate window.

Upon clicking "Tags: [click here]", an "Add" dialog appears. When the "Add" button is clicked, Zotero returns to the original display of "Tags: [click here]" under the Note field.
    The data base has been checked for integrity; no errors found.
    Indices have been updated; two partial and 18 un-indexed remain.

Just before this started, I had Zotero in full-screen mode. This problem was noticed just after restoring to half-screen.

The field for a Note is large, and expands vertically as the Zotero window is enlarged vertically; there is no change in height if the right-most pane is widened. Is it possible that "Add" (tags) quits if there is no space for an entry field?
  • Thank you!
    Version 1.0.9 appears to have fixed the Add Tag problem in 1.0.7 reported 10/4.
    Happy New Year!