Trouble syncing with Box using WebDAV

Hi I seem to have a problem with syncing to Box using WebDAV. The sync itself works but instead of getting pdfs on my Box account I get a zip and a prop file instead. I think I need the files to be on Box as pdfs so that I can access them on my iPad using the app PaperShip, which currently when I try to download and open one of the files gives me an error saying I can't download the document because its an unauthorized document (error 401).

Does anyone know a way to fix this? Thank you.
  • Zotero is working as it should. When you sync with WebDAV, you get .zip and .prop files, not uncompressed PDFs or other files. You'd have to talk to the PaperShip folks for any problems you're having with the app. (I know that they've been working on WebDAV syncing recently, so it's possible there are problems with the currently available version.)
  • Box.com works well with ZotPad, so you might try that. (It is free now.)

Just configure the WebDAV address as

https://www.box.com/dav/zotero

(http://www.zotero.org/support/kb/webdav_services)
  • Thank you for such a quick response
  • So what is the benefit of storing them on Box.com ? Can we access them at all online ? The zip files with funny file names make it impossible to identify the documents. Could anyone please let me know how to make the zip files useful online. For instance, If I would like to access a zotero stored pdf document online (say I have it on Box.com through webDAV). What should I do ? Any help on this is appreciated.
  • The advantage is that you're able to access them on all computers you have Zotero installed on as well as with ZotPad on your ipad. You can't easily access the documents online without Zotero, though.
  • Ok. Now I see it. Thanks for your quick response.
  • Hi there, here's the PaperShip app team!

We just sent a new version to Apple that will fix most of the WebDAV issues.
    As Dan Stillman, we began to work on WebDAV only few weeks ago, and it took us some days to understand how to manage all of the edge cases.

We hope 90-95% of the WebDAV issues will be fixed in a week.
    Thanks for your patience.

The PaperShip team.
  • I still am having the same issues with WebDAV. Any updates on the fix?
  • It was fixed with iOS 7.0.2 but new version of iOS came with new problems regarding WebDAV support.

We sent yesterday a new version of PaperShip to Apple that should work better.

However, WebDAV is less than 5% of our users, but represents ~80% of our current development time/support.
    Would be better to move to the official "Zotero File Storage" or contact us directly to help us fix your specific issues.

The PaperShip team.
  • Hi there,

PaperShip 2.2.2 is available and should fix more WebDAV issues.

Any feedback welcomed at support@shazino.com.

Best,

The PaperShip team.