Standalone XUL Runner has stopped working

When I try to open Standalone I get the message "XUL Runner has stopped working". The problem details tell me:
Problem event name: APPCRASH; Application Name: zotero.exe; Application Version: 23.0.0.4961....

I'm tempted to uninstall the program and reinstall but afraid I might lose My Library. Advice?
  • Does this only happen in Standalone? What happens if you open Zotero in Firefox with Standalone closed?
  • They both open up.
  • I have no idea what that means. Please take the time to explain what you mean, or ask someone in person. We can't see your screen.
  • That sounds odd - what do you mean by "they both open up"? You get the Zotero pane in Firefox _and_ Zotero Standalone - which would essentially look the same way - opening by itself? That would be very, very odd.
  • Can I send you a print screen? what would happen if I uninstalled Standalone and re-installed it? any risk of losing my library items?
  • you can upload a screenshot to a free image hosting site like imgur.com and link to it here.
    Re-installing Zotero won't touch your data (though you should always have a back-up anyway - http://www.zotero.org/support/zotero_data#backing_up_your_zotero_library ), but I thought you did already re-install via the other thread? If so, then it's not very likely that de-installing and installing will make a difference.
  • Technically, they both don't open up but I can see them at the same time. On the left side of the screen - My Library on top and My Group Library underneath. As I'm sure you can tell, I'm a newbie. It used to be that when I clicked on the Standalone icon, I would get what I now get when I click on the word "zotero" in the bottom right of the screen. Another thing to keep in mind is that i have an enlarged screen and cannot always see what folks with a normal-sized screen can see.
  • The Firefox extension looks very similar to Standalone. It really doesn't sound like both open up, you're just seeing the same display you're used to in Standalone on Firefox. So it does sound like the Firefox version works correctly on the same database so that's all good.
    Only question remains why you can't open Standalone. If we miscommunicated yesterday and you didn't re-install Zotero Standalone, you should definitely try that. If you did already, no need to repeat that step.
    Dan would have to say what type of info is useful.