'Highlight & Annotations' feature: Any New Possibilities?

I've noticed that the 'Highlight & Annotations' feature doesn't apppear anymore, on recently captured webpages, but does appear for older webpages that were annotated and/or highlighted previously. Am using FF14.
If the feature is not a priority for Zotero development any longer, is there perhaps a third-party tool offering this feature, that will work well with Zotero.
Thank you.
  • Web page annotations are a crucial feature for me too. I used a firefox plugin, Wired-marker which is the best in class to annotate web pages. However it duplicated zotero function and my research is splitted in half. That was annoying.

Lately I found a turnaround. I installed "Print pages to Pdf" another firefox plugin. First a take a regular snapshot of the page. Then with one click I transform my page to pdf (The plugin shows it in firefox.) Then I drop the icon of this PDF page to my snapshot. Zotero downloads and attaches and renames the pdf automatically. (with the help of Zotfile)

From this point on, I annotate the pdf version of the page with PDF xchange viewer plugin within firefox. (When I click on my captured page, the pdf opens in firefox ready to be annotated)

The whole work flow stays in firefox and PDF xchange viewer offers richer abilities like to draw shapes, arrows, circles etc, in addition to multi colored highlihts and notes.

A last but not least plugin zotfile, then extracts my annotations from captured PDF and transforms to zotero notes. (An additional click is needed, but you may as well keep ur annotations on only captured PDF)

To sum up: with just two more clicks , I have an unparalled annotation tool for web pages seamlessly working with zotero. You need 3 firefox plugins: 1-PDF xchange wiever, 2- Print pages to Pdf, 3-Zotfile . Once correctly customized you will never look back.

Additional benefit: zotero captures a web page with all the clutter of files going with it, tons of pngs, js and html. While capturing this as a pdf produces just one file, i.e pdf itself.