Purchased Storage Upgrade Not Showing Up

Hello I purchased a storage upgrade of 2 GB last week and it is not showing up in my account. Can you help fix this? Thanks!

Order date: Aug 20, 2013 8:49 AM PDT
Google order number: 660323565123792
Shipping Status Qty Item Price
Digital delivery 1 Zotero Storage - 2 GB Zotero Online Storage $20.00
  • Looks like you purchased it while you were logged into a different account (littlesips). Note that it applies to the account you're logged into the website with, not whatever account your Zotero client is configured with.
  • Ok, well I do not use the littlesips account - all of my information is stored in the marinsullivan account. What should I do? Sync all the information to the other account? Or is there a way you can refund that purchase and then I could buy storage for the correct account?
  • It's been switched to this account.
  • Hello, Please would someone get in touch about purchasing additional storage.
    I purchased when I didn't need to (on a prompt from Zotero) and now I'm being asked to again (it seems correctly this time). I don't know if I have already purchased additional storage? Our conversation did not reach any clear conclusion last time.
    Please would a human being e-mail me so we can have an electronic conversation about this?
    Thank you in advance.
  • I don't work for Zotero, but I do know they have very little capacity for doing e-mail support.
    You should be able to see all the relevant information under
    https://www.zotero.org/settings/storage
    what's unclear?
  • What is unclear is:
    - I don't know if already I purchased storage? Your colleagues were not kind enough to let me know previously.
    - Given the fact I was told I need to purchase storage - when I didn't last time - leaves me wondering what is going on.
    So the issue is not pointing a figure at "instructions" but taking a look at what people do inside Zotero. Thanks.
  • @101james
    You are at the free storage limit.
    You do not have a current subscription on this account.
    What makes you think you were told you needed storage when you didn't last time? If it is because you have been able to continue syncing after your previous subscription required, that is likely because the amount of free storage (and the lower tiers of storage) were increased.
  • Hi thanks for the reply.
    "What makes you think you were told..."
    There was no thinking! A message came in my account that said I had run out of space on one of the folders. I cannot remember the exact details but I think I could not add citations to one folder in my main account. When I logged into Zotero through the web interface I was told I had exceeded my allocated space and that to continue to add citations I should purchase storage. The message was unambiguous.
    Payment last time was not user friendly using the Google Wallet (is that its name?).
  • edited September 3, 2013
    Right, the relevant part of the question was "when you didn't"? I.e. why did you think you didn't need to add storage.
    If you have a link to the old thread that'd be helpful so we understand what you're referring to.

I doubt you're going to get a Zotero rep to have an extended e-mail exchange with you, but that's what the support forum is for so I suggest you just stay here. None of your concerns seem specific to your account, so there's no reason they can't be answered on a public forum.

If your storage quota is full, you need to buy additional storage if and only if you want to keep syncing files.
    Even with your storage quota full, you will still be able to add citation to Zotero (that has always been the case) and the metadata for those citations will still sync. The file storage quote only applies to attached files.
    ("File Syncing" in the doc. http://www.zotero.org/support/sync )
    Zotero has recently changed its payment processing, I haven't actually run through the process, but I believe you will now be able to pay with your credit card directly
    https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/31646/ending-google-checkout-for-zotero-storage/#Item_3
  • If you have a link to the old thread that'd be helpful so we understand what you're referring to.
    https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/24256/#Item_10

101james: Rintze in that thread told you the exact same thing that fcheslack did above, which is that when you first saw the message you were indeed at the quota limit, but then we raised the limit, putting you below the limit. Now you've reached the new limit.
  • Ok, I follow. Although at the time it guided me to purchase, I guess this occurred at about the same time as you increased the limit.

No problem - I'm happy to pay for this since Zotero is such a great research tool.

Thanks, too, for the promise of some easier payment system.
  • The payment system is way way easier to use. Thanks for this improvement!
    Thanks too for the additional Zotero features, such as the duplicate checker, that are very helpful.