Delete source file on import

Is it possible to add an option to automatically delete the source file when a file is manually added to the zotero library? If I drag a pdf from my desktop to zotero, I'd like this file to be moved, rather than copied, to the zotero file storage directory.
  • I was actually just thinking earlier today that this would be nice, since it's annoying to have to delete the original file post-drag. I don't really want to add a pref for this, but we could support the standard OS-specific modifier key to convert a default copy into a move (the same as converting a cross-disk file copy into a move): Cmd-drag on OS X, I think Shift on Windows and Linux.
  • +1

(It would be nice to have this for Zotfile as well)
  • (and while I realize that it's an entirely distinct operation, once we're doing this it'd make sense to have the same modifiers work for moving an item between collections)
  • Done for file dragging for 4.0.13 (and available for testing in the latest 4.0 Branch dev XPI), though due to a Mozilla bug we still can't display proper cursor feedback except on Linux.