Changing account username + new user account when syncing

Hi,

I would appreciate help to handle the following situations:

a) Is it possible to change the main account username?

I realized that in Zotero settings=> profile is possible to change the real name, but I would like to update my user name as well.

b) Considering (a) isn't possible, I created a new account and set it to sync in Zotero preferences. When the sync started, the following message appeared:

"This Zotero database was last synced with a different zotero.org account ('xxxxxxx') from the current one ('yyyyyyy'). If you continue, local Zotero data will be combined with data from the 'yyyyyyyy' account stored on the server. Local groups, including any with changed items, will also be removed.To avoid combining or losing data, revert to the 'cadudesun' account or use the Reset options in the Sync pane of the Zotero preferences".

The new account doesn't have any stored data. Is there any problem if I sync?

Many thanks in advance,
Cadu
  • No, there's no problem. Your local data will be added to that account.
  • Hello,

I would like to change my zotero's username, but taking into account that's not possible I manage to create a new account with my desire username, but as "cadudesun" said when I try to syncronize my library, I get the following message:

"This Zotero database was last synced with a different zotero.org account ('xxxxxxx') from the current one ('yyyyyyy'). If you continue, local Zotero data will be combined with data from the 'yyyyyyyy' account stored on the server. Local groups, including any with changed items, will also be removed.To avoid combining or losing data, revert to the 'cadudesun' account or use the Reset options in the Sync pane of the Zotero preferences".

¿Is there any possibility of maintaining existing groups and libraries in the previous account or migrate them anyway to the new account?

Thank you very much in advance,
    Carolina
  • No, you have to join the groups from the new account.