Problem with OpenWriter integration: "Set document preferences" crashes

Dear all,

I try to use Zotero 1.0.1 and OpenOffice 2.3 on Windows XP, but unfortunately it leads frequently to following error when I try to change the citation style via the button "Set document preferences" in OpenOffice.

How does this happen?
I open a new document and insert a citation. Then I want to change the citation style via the button "Set document preferences". Sometimes this works, but more often it doesn't. Then the function ends up in the OpenOffice Basic window showing the error message: Basic Runtime Error: Exception Type: com.sun.star.uno.RuntimeException Message: This object is invalid.
It stops in the line of the macro: oRange.text.insertTextContent(oRange, oField, true)
The error is unpredictable, because sometimes it comes up when I change the style the first time, sometimes changing styles works several times without problems until it stops at the x-th time.

Is there a workaround for this issue? I hope that you can help me regarding this issue
Thanks
Gerald
  • I'm having the same problem. I switched a document from Chicago Author-Date to Chicago Note with Bibliography, but now I can't change it to any other style. I'm using Zotero 1.0.7 and Firefox 3.
  • Still, the problem remains. I tried it on different computers using Firefox 3.0.1. and Zotero 1.0.7 together with Openoffice 2.4.1. on XP and it seems that the issue is not solved yet.