switching between footnote and intext styles in openoffice

Don't know if anybody else has found this. Start a new document in openoffice. Insert a reference using any of the Chicago footnote references, using reference marks. Then change the style to an in text one and you get a BASIC runtime error.
If you use bookmarks then you get a different error.
Anybody else confirm this?

Windows XP, openoffice 2.3 Zotero 1.03 plugin 1.03b.

Regards, Jon.
  • I have exactly the same problem, same software as you have. It seems to happen not only with Chicago style but any time I change from footnote citaiton to in-text...
  • Has a ticket been created for this? Given that one of the aims of Zotero was to allow painless switching between styles, not being able to switch from footnote style to intext is a problem.
    BASIC runtime error.
    An exception occured
    Type: com.sun.star.uno.RuntimeException
    Message this object is invalid
    oRange.text.insertTextContent(oRange, oField, true)

Windows XP, openoffice 2.4.1 Zotero 1.05 plugin 1.03b.
  • I'm having the same problem. I switched a document from Chicago Author-Date to Chicago Note with Bibliography, but now I can't change it to any other style. I'm using Zotero 1.0.7 and Firefox 3.
  • edited August 17, 2008
    I'm guessing we're going to have to wait till the plugin rewrite is finished to see whether or not this has been fixed.
    According to the developers, it should be out soon.
    Regards,
    Jon.
  • I've been testing / playing with OO 3 and the new python plugin. It looks like this problem is now resolved for new documents. I was able to switch between author-date and footnote style referencing with no problem. Great job.
    Regards, Jon.